Saturday, March 13, 2010

Barcelona: Part II







We met at the sports shop at 5pm and were surprised to find that our tour guide was unable to make it to our tour. SO, we got a discount on the blades and were pointed in the direction of the ocean front. NOW…I am sure most of you know that I am far from coordinated on land (with some even comparing me to a baby giraffe), this was further reinforced by my terrible experience rollerblading the streets of Barcelona. Getting to the beach was pretty difficult but I kept thinking I would get better as the day went on...in reality, I just got worse, thank god we were padded up. I only had 3 major falls, with the last one in a crosswalk where I took down Kate and received multiple yells and honks as we crawled to the other side of the street. Pretty embarrassing but still a complete blast. That night the last two of our trip met up with us, Leigh Anne and her brother. We ate dinner at the hostel (it was provided) and hung out at the hostel bar until we ventured out to a few places nearby. We all reconvened at 1:45 at the hostel to go to Razzmatazz, a HUGE nightclub in Barcelona. We were there pretty late, headed to the hostel and fell asleep when the sun was coming up.

Sunday, as you can imagine, was a bit of a slow start. We got up, showered and had a much needed breakfast and left the hostel around 1:30. The boys wanted to go to Park Guell so me and Kate split up to check out other sites around the city. We visited the Picasso Museum, which was really neat but a bit crowded since we hit it on the one day a month with free admission. We shopped a bit and met up with everyone else around 7 to get ready for dinner. But, dinner continued to get pushed back until it was 9 and we hadn’t eaten. We had planned to see a 9:30 Flamenco show so we decided dinner would wait until after. Flamenco is wild! It was so worth seeing but still, very strange. The music is really great, with a guitarist and drummer but the singing it a bit odd and the women who dance stare daggers into the audience as they stomp around the stage. We got a late dinner (late for us, not for Spain) and then went to some places nearby for a not-so-crazy of a night. Monday morning we went to the train station to get a train to Madrid. Our train left around 2:00 putting us into Madrid around 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment