Sunday, January 17, 2010

I made it!!








Sorry I did not update sooner, but for you all wondering, I made it to Switzerland safe and sound. The flight was miserable and the airline lost one of my bags and had to send it the next day but once we finally got to Riva I didn't even really care! When we first got here we had lunch and moved in. I am in an apartment, a 30 second walk from the main Villa. About 15 people stay in the villa (that is where we have classes/eat) and the rest are in apartments around the city. The pictures above are from my apartment, isn't it cute!!! There are 7 of us in there, 3 rooms with 2 girls in 2 of them and 3 in the other. I am rooming with just one other girl, Kate. On Saturday we mostly had orientations all day which were not very much fun but I was so jet lagged that I doubt anything would have kept my attention (I am now 6 hours ahead of you guys). Today we went to Bellizona, the capital of Cantone Ticino, where Riva is. The Cantone's are like our states but there is also a main Switzerland capital, Bern. It was sooo beautiful! As you can see, it is right in front of the Alps and has three castles still standing from the 14th Century! We explored there all day with a tour guide that works with our program. The entire group (about 30 ppl) split up and the other half of the kids went to Milano, where my group will go tomorrow. P.S. It is Men's Fashion Week there...awesome!!! Love Love

1 comment:

  1. What is the weather like there? You looked pretty bundled up!

    ReplyDelete