
After getting a lot of sleep Sunday night, I was ready for another night of Carnival in Bellinzona. The tickets we bought (and used on Thursday night) were valid until the last night, Tuesday. The trip was actually quite impromptu since most everyone was worn out from the weekend, but a second wind blew through the classroom and somehow we scrounged together a group of about 15 kids wanting to go. Since costumes were an afterthought, we threw on anything sport team or American related and made that our theme haha Somehow I wound up wearing a US soccer shirt and a USA bandana (and received some dirty looks throughout the night). Monday night wasn’t nearly as crowded as Thursday but it was still a ton of fun.
On Tuesday, there were bigger things going on in Europe than Carnival…the AC Milan v. Manchester United soccer game. All along I had planned on just going to Milan and watching the game in a bar, since the cheapest tickets in a terrible section ran at about $175. But, the group I was going with were dragging their feet on getting there early and with the train schedule, it didn’t make sense for me to go there and have to leave on the last train midway through the first half. So, I decided to stay home, watch the game around here and save some money – UNFORTUNATE because the 5 that went ended up scalping tickets for only 50 Euro and getting into the game…yea, really kicking myself on that decision. But, I ended up going to Lugano and met the VT kids there to watch it. The rest of the week was fairly uneventful as I tried to rest up for a weekend in Bern/Geneva.
No comments:
Post a Comment