Friday, February 5, 2010

Thursday Update




So this weekend, supposedly my relaxing weekend, started off with a late night. On Thursdays we only have class until noon so after lunch a group of us went into Lugano to shop a bit :-) A pair of boots and a jacket later, I met up with a big group to eat at a Mexican restaurant since we have all been craving it since we got here. It was soooo expensive! like 20 bucks for a burrito, I opted for the cheapest thing on the menu, chips and guacamole ($7). But the margaritas were good and as you can see, they give you sombreros! After that we went to a Karaoke bar called Peter Pan (they have frescoes of Peter Pan and Tinkerbell all over the walls hahaha really funny) All the people from the Lugano section of the VT program met up with us there and it was really fun. Unfortunately, I didn't get any singing in last night, the line was too long! We took the last train back at 11:30 and headed to our local hang out Mini Bar which was a lot of fun with a live band and a lot of people.When I woke up this morning it was snowing! Its snowing a ton but apparently not as much as the East Coast!! This may put a damper on our plans to go hiking tomorrow afternoon but it will be great for my snowboarding trip on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment